Welcome to my brand spankin’ new blog! It is still under construction, but I am so happy you stopped by. Recently moving to the beautiful town of Newport, RI has left me inspired to write and create. I am a mama to a VERY active two year old who keeps me on my toes or is stepping on my toes 24/7. 🙂 We are out and about daily, discovering our new town and enjoying the sites. Best of all, watching my son develop through his adventures in life is incredibly rewarding! Challenging at times, but a job that I feel blessed to have.
My creative juices started to flow after I finally started to feel like I got the hang of this mom thing. It only took me about 18 or so months. haha He’s an active kid, remember?!? Throughout the past two years I have learned a tremendous amount about myself, my son and challenges of life as a parent and wife. Writing is a passion of mine and surprisingly a stress reliever. Who knew, considering I loathed writing in high school and college! I wanted to create a blog that other families could read and relate to. My family is not perfect, we have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day we love the life we have! You will find me writing about many different topics and my interests are a bit like a bento box, but I am sure you’ll see that is what makes my blog interesting.
A Sweeter Vue is still under construction with much of its content buzzing around in my head. 🙂 I want to create a blog that is not only interesting for my readers, but an excellent resource for families living in the Newport area looking for a variety of activities. Let’s just say, after this winter I know all about cabin fever and forcibly learned the survival skills to not go insane! Below is a list of what you can look forward to reading and finding on my blog as it grows:
- New blog posts weekly to a few times a week about:
- parenting – I believe every child is different, therefore parenting styles cannot fit under one specific label. I prefer the common sense/low stress style of parenting…is there a book for that?
- products reviews – I love to share products, gizmos and gadgets that make life easier or more enjoyable
- fashion – it all changes when you are a mom…let’s be honest. But, frump doesn’t have to be an option!
- decorating – we move A LOT so I have become a bit of an expert on how to make what you have work in almost any space.
- healthy living – it’s a passion of mine!
- hypothyroidism/Hasimotos – I am blessed with that fabulousness :/
- weekly activity schedule for toddlers – Did I mention my lil guy is active?? I am working on a new weekly schedule of activities to see if that helps add variety to our play schedule
- cooking tips/recipes – I’m from a family that loves to cook & eat
- organization/planning – I LOVE to plan, schedule, organize, etc…could be slight OCD. haha
- family adventures – We are very active, get out pretty much every weekend & love to try new things.
- A weekly menu (my son and I are gluten free) with realistic recipes a busy family can cook.
- My Newport Life tab is all about what I’ve discovered since living here, places I love and a weekend happenings post that you won’t want to miss!
- My Monthly Vue Newsletter is something you should subscribe to so you can see what it’s all about. I’m not a fan of lame, boring newsletters so I promise that won’t arrive in your inbox!
Thanks again for stopping by! Whether near or far, I hope you find my blog enjoyable, useful and a place where you can come for a good laugh along with a bit of positivity.
Cheers ~ Kate