If you look up the definition of “hot mess” in the dictionary you will most likely find a picture of me next to it for the week of June 8th. I have been doing pretty much any and everything other than cooking dinners this week and if you promise not to tell anyone…I’ve loved every second of it!
When Monday rolled around I was amped up for this week’s menu right up to the second when plated.com emailed me a reminder about my dishes shipping out. WTF?!? I seriously screwed this up two weeks in a row?!? Oh, yeah. I suuuuuurrrrre did & have triple checked that the next few weeks are on hold!
Luckily the shelf life of plated dishes are a good six days so I had some wiggle room with my menu conundrum. On Monday my mom arrived with her BFF and we cooked the Sausage and Peppers Arrabiatta from last weeks menu. Thumbs up from everyone and point for me because one menu item for the week was checked off.
Tuesday my mom suggested a fish dish and I said, “Funny that you mention that because I just so happen to have a fish dish scheduled for today on my oh so fabulous weekly menu.” haha Nice how things just seem to fall into place! We enjoyed an amazing dinner, good company, lots of laughs and checked another scheduled menu dish off the list. Two points for this girl!
Now, I won’t go into all the details of how I royally screwed up the rest of the weeks menu because that will just make me look bad. 😉 No, really it was an epic failure but as a family we all survived, ate some yummy food and are excited to get back on our meal plan train this week. Dinner tonight was a plated dish and reminded us of how much we really enjoy cooking and eating at home!
This week at Casa de Sharrow we’ll be serving…
Kate’s Weekly Menu for June 8, 2015
**NOTE** click hyperlinks (peach color text) to access online recipes and view the cookbooks I use. Bookmark or Pin my weekly menu post & reference when you’re cooking.
- Kate’s Menu: Spinach Mango Salad with Prawns from Against All Grain Blog – sub chicken or steak if not up for fish
- Quick & Easy Tip #1 – Use frozen mango chunks that are thawed and slice them up
- Quick & Easy Tip #2 – Sub any nut or seed if you don’t have sesames on hand…I will use pepitas.
- Kate’s Menu: Cider Braised Brats, Onions & Peppers from Food Renegade
- Side of Celery Root & Apple Salad from Gourmande in the Kitchen **Quick & Easy Tip…make this dish ahead of time**
- Kate’s Menu: Farmers Mareket Dinner – Every week there is an awesome farmers market from 2-6 and I’ve been itching to have dinner from one of the local vendors. We’ll make this a family night out and enjoy some local chow after picking up a few necessities from our local farmers.
- Dine-In Option: Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy from Seasons and Suppers
- Side of mashed potatoes, pasta or your favorite rice blend
- Side of your favorite steamed veggies or salad
- Kate’s Menu: Chili, Lime & Cumin Cod – from food.com
- Side of Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice or your fav grain
- Side of frozen sweet peas (**make sure they are sweet peas…green peas are blah**)
- Kate’s Menu: Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken from Just A Taste – not feeling pizza this week & would love to have a take-out themed dinner 🙂
- Side of Coconut Ginger Caulirice from Goodbye Grains
- Side of store bought gyoza or spring rolls (use organic if you can)
- Kate’s Menu: Vegetarian Mushroom Banh Mi Sammies from Delicious Everyday (Udi’s makes one of the best gluten free baguettes for all my grain free peeps…find in freezer section)
- Side of radish and cucumber salad (Veggie Tip – use English cucumbers for a more tender bite)
- Kate’s Menu: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Tacos from Skinny Taste– It’s Father’s Day and this has been requested by my hubby for his special dinner. Hands down one of the best dishes EVER! 🙂 We also have Scott’s sister & her family arriving that day to hang with us for a week so a slow cooker meal makes my life much easier. Yay! FYI – The recipe calls for lettuce wraps instead of taco shells…just use whatever you prefer.
- Side of store bought or homemade guacamole served with your favorite tortilla chips (another Father’s Day request from my hubby)
Well, another menu plan down and hoping this week goes much better than last week. I have high hopes and again my mouth is watering after looking through all of these recipes!
Did you give either or both of the menu plans a try? What do you think of this week’s menu?
I hope you are finding this whole setup helpful, tasty and realistic. It’s not easy juggling mama duties, work (if that’s your deal-e-yo) and day-to-day shiznit, but one thing is for sure…sitting down with your family at the end of the day to enjoy a delish dinner is priceless.
Wishing you all a fabulously fantastic week!