Wouldn’t it be nice to have a weekend itinerary planned out for you when Friday comes around?? Well, as I continue to add local events to my blog calendar for Aquidneck Island I thought I’d pick a few of my favorites to share in a Weekend Happenings Post that goes out every Friday morning (today is late because I just thought of this during my son’s nap time. LOL) along with a few ideas of simple things to do around town.
For the weekend of June 26th there is no shortage of outdoor activities, concerts and sunshine! Where will you be heading this weekend??
This weekend you can look forward to…
- St. Barnabas Summer Festival – 3 days of fun for the whole family with food, games, rides and entertainment.
- Newport Navy Base O Club Deck Summer Concert Series – (open to those with military base access) The view from the O Club Deck is stunning, so enjoy an early evening concert that is family friendly while soaking up the gorgeous views! The link above will take you to my blog calendar which has a detailed schedule under the O Club event listing. There is no easy website to link to details…
- Dinner at Caleb & Broad – My husband and I have ventured out here for dinner with our little guy. (he’s 2) It may not look family friendly, but they are and the food is delish!
- Date Night Idea – Grab a bite at Midtown Oyster Bar and then catch a local movie at the Jane Pickens Theater only a short walk away.
- Yoga on the Roof @ the Vanderbilt Grace Hotel – Book in advance by calling 401-846-6200
- Afternoon Jazz @ Greenvale Vineyards – Relax with a glass of vino and snacks while listening to a little bit of jazz. This is a kid friendly place.
- Easton’s Beach family day – Stop by Easton’s Beach for a ride on their carousel, see some fishies at the aquarium and devour one of the yummy lobster rolls at the snack shack!
- Farmers Market Fun – Stop by one of the many farmers markets on and around the island. Click the Farmers Market category below my blog calendar to see a few of the markets around town.
- Clayfest @ Rough Point – For the pottery lovers visit this unique pottery, ceramics and clay festival with tons of activities for all ages…plus yummy food! Tickets purchased online or at the door.
- Afternoon Tea @ Vanderbilt Grace Hotel – Fancy it up with afternoon tea on a relaxing Sunday afternoon.
- Secret Garden Tour – Venture into one of Newport’s beautiful private gardens on a self-guided walking tour.
- Brunch It Up – The Fifth Element serves up an amazing Sunday brunch with a little something for everyone. Kid friendly
- Blithewold Mansion Community Open Day – Here’s your chance to visit the beautiful grounds of the Blithwold Mansion for FREE!
TGIF and have a wonderful weekend!!