Hello Monday! This week really snuck up on me with a jam packed two weeks of family visiting and travels to see my parents. Tons of fun, lots of laughs and after an awesome 4th of July BBQ with friends yesterday I am ready to R E L A X!
How did last week’s menu go? What were some of your favorites? My family loved the turkey dinner! Thanks mom for cooking. 🙂
Let’s see what we’ll be whipping up this week…
Kate’s Weekly Menu for July 6, 2015
**NOTE** click hyperlinks (peach color text in post or blue text in email) to access online recipes and view the cookbooks I use. Bookmark or Pin my weekly menu so you can easily reference when you’re cooking. 🙂
- Kate’s Menu: Peach Fried Rice from Sonnet’s Kitchen
- Ingredient Tip – Use low sodium soy sauce or low sodium tamari for gluten free if you don’t have liquid aminos
- Ingredient Tip – Basil chiffonade means cut into long strips…I had to google this 😉
- Ingredient Tip – If you’re not into tofu sub black beans or a protein of your choice
- Ingredient Tip – Use cauliflower rice if you’re not up for regular rice
- Side Dish – Cook up some vegetarian gyoza (pot stickers) to add a little extra to this meal
- Kate’s Menu: Mexican Lasagna from Cooking Classy
- Ingredient Tip – I have ground beef on hand so I will cook that up and sub for the shredded chicken
- Chef’s Tip – Jaclyn suggests you wait a short bit for the lasagna to cool so it doesn’t fall apart when you cut it
- Dinner Tip – Get creative with your accompaniments…Jaclyn makes some really good suggestions to top the lasagna…guac, black olives, salsa fresca, fresh cilantro
- Kate’s Menu: Sticky Baked Chicken w/ Apricot, Sage & Lemon Zest from Skinnytaste.com
- Side Dish – Kitchen sink salad – throw together a salad with your favorite ingredients you have on hand
- Side Dish (if you need another) – Sautéed Squash Medley from Ready Set Eat
- Kate’s Menu: Picnic Dinner with Ideas from 25 No-Cook Potluck and Picnic Recipes. My family and I are heading to a beach concert so we’ll pack up dinner and enjoy it along the water!
- At Home Picnic – If a beach concert isn’t an option, don’t worry! Lay down your favorite blanket in your backyard and enjoy a picnic there. My family did this tonight and it was so relaxing!
- Kate’s Menu: Pepperoni Pizza Pasta from Against All Grain (video tutorial too)
- Ingredient Tip – Sub regular pasta or gluten free pasta if you’re not in the mood for squash pasta
- Side Dish – Serve with your favorite pre-made caesar salad in a bag or whip up your own dressing from Natasha’s Kitchen and pour it over a little fresh romaine lettuce sprinkled with parmesan cheese and croutons...look for gluten free.
- Kate’s Menu: Pulled Pork Banh Mi Sandwich from Shared Appetite (he’s a dude blogger…rarely seen & so awesome)
- Ingredient Tip – My family of 3 (including a toddler with a huge appetite) is always fine with a 2lb boneless roast or 3lb bone in roast. Make the full recipe if you want leftovers or cut in half to have just enough for dinner.
- Side Dish – Asian Marinated Cucumber Salad (leave out red pepper flakes for kiddo friendly)
- Kate’s Menu: Cilantro Lime Tilapia from Food Faith Fitness
- Side Dish – This recipe has the whole meal planned out with tilapia as the main dish along with quinoa and corn as the side dishes. Easy peasy!
Thanks so much for stopping by and cooking with me! I hope you’re enjoying the recipes and can’t wait to hear what you think of this week’s menu!