Did ya miss me? 😉 Last weekend I unplugged more than expected and it was glorious! The hubs, Little C & I drove up to Vermont to celebrate my parent’s 40th wedding anniversary. Fist bump Mom & Dad! It was a blast & really made me reflect on how important it is to make family a priority.
Since I unplugged so much I have really been out of the social loop, but with Newport Jazz Festival arriving today it reminded me I had to get you all some fabulously fun events for the weekend!
This weekend you can look forward to…
**click the event title for more details & schedule**
- Hellenic Fest 2015 @ St. Sypridon Chruch in Newport – enjoy authentic Greek food, dancing, music and more. (Friday-Sunday event)
- Newport Jazz Festival @ Ft. Adams in Newport – soak up a weekend of jazz while taking in the gorgeous water views. (Friday-Sunday event)
- Live Jazz @ Greenvale Vineyards – skip the crowds and head up to Porstmouth for live jazz surrounded by picturesque vineyards.
- Polo Match @ The Newport Polo Fields in Portsmouth – pack a picnic, dust off your fancy hat and cheer on our team as they play Palm Beach.
- Weekend Lego Club @ Middletown Library – bring your imagination and build with Legos. Ages 4 & up. No registration required.
- Warehouse Sale for Helly Hansen & Life is Good in Newport – snag some awesome deals at the HH last ever warehouse sale.
- Festival of Cheese @ Rhode Island Convention Center in Providence
- Fairy Festival @ Blithewold Mansion in Bristol – calling all fairy friends! Stop by the festival for magical fun with plenty of shade as the event is held under the wedding tent. Costumes are encouraged & prices are reasonable.
- Tour a Newport Mansion – take some shelter from the sun and enjoy a tour of one of Newport’s magnificent mansions. For Newport residents admission is free in 2015!
- Discover Colonial Newport Walking Tour – a fun and unique way to learn more about this historic city. I’ve taken this tour with my family & loved it. Strollers welcome, bring an umbrella for shade or wear your favorite hat.
- Garden Help & Soil Testing @ Prescott Farm in Middletown
- The Providence Flea along the Providence River is the spot to find unique gifts, furniture, clothes, food trucks, music and lots more.
- Green Animals Topiary Garden in Portsmouth – pack a picnic, stroll the gardens, tour the farm house and take in the stunning views.
- NIMFest Concert @ King Park in Newport from 3-6pm – jazz at the gazebo with La Merchante & Le Connard followed by Barkode. Free, pack snacks and bring lawn chairs. Parking can be tricky so walk in from town or bike over if you can.
For even more events and activities check out Newport This Week’s detailed list of things to do. Lots of family friendly activities listed for the weekend and throughout the week.
TGIF and have a wonderful weekend!!
Does your business or organization have an upcoming event you’d like to add to my Weekend Happenings?? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.