Half of August has managed to sneak by and I am a little sad that summer is almost over. sniff sniff 🙁 It has been a busy week for my family and we are soaking up the last few days of vacation that my husband has before he goes back to classes on Monday.
Weekend fun is mandatory because there is so much going on and the weather is going to be gorgeous! This weekend you can look forward to…
**click the event title for schedules and more details**
- Visit Pineapple on the Bay for a family friendly dinner with stunning views of the water & Pell Bridge. They have adirondack chairs along the water that make a great place to enjoy a cocktail. Check out the lighthouse only a few steps away & enjoy live music Friday-Monday from 6pm-8pm. Oh & save room for dessert because you can make s’mores with the kiddos at the fire pit along the water.
- Make it a date night @ Jane Pickens Theater in Newport. Woody Allen’s Irrational Man which was filmed in Newport last summer is now showing.
- Cru Cafe Late Night Bites are not so late night, but perfect for a date night. Cru features a weekly changing menu with fresh, local ingredients. It’s BYOB and the perfect spot to satisfy your palette with a variety of small plates. 5pm-8pm
- Bristol Explorer Pass – Visit 5 of Bristol’s stunning historic places for only $35! Now through September the explorer pass allows you unlimited access to all 5 locations for one week from date of purchase. Locations: Blithe wold Mansion, Herreshoff Museum, Linden Place, Coggeshall Farm & Audubon Environmental Education Center.
- Farmers Markets – Visit my farmers market page under the Newport Life tab above and you’ll find listings of all the farmers markets on and surrounding Aquidneck Island.
- Special Storytime @ Barnes and Noble – If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: Extra Sweet Edition is the special book for morning storytime this weekend. There is a fun train table for the kids in the children’s area and after storytime there is a coloring activity.
- US vs Philly Polo Match – Pack a picnic, bring some vino and your lawn chairs to cheer on our home team as they play Philly. Polo is one of the quintessential Newport things to do before summer is over! (polo tips…bring an umbrella or pop up tent if you plan to picnic on the lawn and get there before 4pm to get a good spot)
- Thomas Land Opens @ Edaville – if you have a Thomas fan in your fam then this is the place to be! Although about an hour drive from Newport, Edaville’s grand opening of Thomas Land is sure to leave your kiddos saying WOW!
- Live Jazz @ Greenvale Vineyards – Afternoon jazz and wine tasting just go together. The whole family is welcome along with picnics and leased pets. Change up the pace and relax at bit on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
- 17th Annual Newport Storm Luau @ Ft. Adams. Tasty brews, yummy food, live music and performers will fill up your late afternoon with fun! This is a 21+ event.
- Tour of the Month from Newport History Tours – Learn all about the Stamp Act Riot and Road to Revolution in what makes Newport such a historical town.
- Narragansett Bay Waterfest – A free event for all ages where you’ll enjoy music, sail boat rides, food trucks, craft brews, bouncy house and more.
- Wet Paint Fundraiser (Sat. & Sun.) is a unique two day celebrations where hundreds of artist scatter across the county to paint a masterpiece where they are inspired in just a few hours. Silent bidding begins at the evening reception and resumes Sunday at noon until 3pm. Those works of art are selected by jurors for the live auction at 4pm. An awesome place to snag a unique piece of Newport art!
- St. Peter’s Annual Yard Sale in Newport.
- Weekend Lego Club for kiddos age 4 and up. 11-12pm and no registration required
- Free Container Gardening Class in Pawtucket. Kids are encouraged to attend and you’ll learn about plants that grow well in containers, how to feed them and how to maintain proper drainage.
- Portuguese Cultural Festival with food, treats, face painting, music and more.
- NIMFest Outdoor Concert @ King Park featuring Zydeco music this Sunday, 3-6pm. Visit their Facebook page for more details.
- Kane Brothers @ Newport Vineyards – Relax, sip some wine and enjoy an outdoor concert from 2pm-5pm.
- Live Music @ Jamestown’s Veterans Memorial Square – Greg Abate will play an outdoor concert from 6:30-8pm.
- Make it a Beach Day – Stop by any one of these beaches for a day of summer fun! Easton’s Beach, Sandy Point Beach, Gooseberry Beach. They can get crowded, so get there early or make it a picnic dinner night.
WHERE TO BRUCH ON SUNDAY…
For the early risers you can grab breakfast starting at 7am at Belle’s Cafe or all your brunchers can stop by anytime up until 3pm. The cafe is dockside at the Newport Shipyard and a must try on your list of brunch spots!
TGIF and have a wonderful weekend!!
Does your business or organization have an upcoming event you’d like to add to the ASV calendar?? Email email@example.com with details.