HELLO FRIENDS! It’s been almost a month since my last weekly menu was posted. Sorry for the lack of food inspiration the last few weeks!
It has been a busy time as summer wraps up, a stomach bug nailed our house & the hot temperatures have left me uninspired to cook. 🙁
Thankfully, cool breezes are happening more and more which has invigorated for me! I don’t know what it is, but when the temps hit 80+ with humidity I am a bit crabby. Cooking just isn’t on my radar and we’ve eaten out more than we normally like to. My body is totally feeling it!
As I sat down to make a shopping list for the week I figured now is as good of a time as ever to jump back on the meal planning train.
This week I found some scrumptious bites that will easily fit into your busy schedule. Here’s a hint…make the slow cooker Moroccan chicken. We had that last week & it was off the charts delish! Already requested by the hubs to be on this weeks menu. 😉
The tasty bites you can look forward to this week are…
** Click the recipe title for the full recipe. Bookmark or Pin so you can easily reference when you are cooking **
- I don’t have poultry seasoning so I will leave that out or add a little Herbamare Seasoning instead and nix the salt as well.
- Chicken tenders always go with ranch dressing for me, so I will make this dairy free ranch dressing.
- Sliced carrots, celery, cucumbers and tomatoes
- Sweet potato fries
- With chicken in last nights dinner I will use sliced skirt or flank steak instead. For a vegetarian option use black beans.
- If you can’t find Path of Life’s quinoa whip up your own with plain quinoa. Once cooked add in a few sprinkles of homemade taco seasoning and black beans if you’re not going the veg route for the main protein.
- I try to eat grain free as much as possible to I will eat this over the quinoa instead of in a taco shell
- Non-GMO tortilla chips or plantain chips for paelo peeps
- Your favorite taco fixins’…avocado, black olives, shredded cheese, diced tomato, etc.
- If you don’t feel like browning the chicken skip that step & throw the thighs in the slow cooker
- I would take the time to sauté the veggies and deglaze the pan with the sauce before pouring into the slow cooker
- Halve the recipe and it will easily serve 4 (only 1 cinnamon stick will be needed)
- Serve over caulirice, steamed jasmine rice or your favorite steamed veggies
- Cucumber Tomato Salad (use honey instead of sugar)
- Serve with the quinoa listed
- Brussels Sprout Slaw
- Top with what she lists in the recipe or change it up and add your favorite toppings
- Simple garden salad or caesar salad
- I use sweet & hot Italian sausages
- Use a gluten free roll if needed or serve over gluten free pasta
- Simple garden salad
- If you’re dairy free sub kalamata olives for the mozz cheese
- Look for thin cut chicken breasts to save time. You’ll have to fill them with less, but can make individual servings for the whole fam.
- Serve with Caulirice or your favorite grain
Happy eats my friends!