Heeeellllloooo my friends!!! A Sweeter Vue is back and I am thrilled to share the new look of my blog with you! The design really represents me, my heart and soul, on a page that I hope you find inspiring, informative and uplifting.
There is no way I could have done this myself and thanks to etsy.com, Gina with Bella Creative made my vision come to life! Per my usual I had grand plans to update all my content, spruce up old posts and have my new blog “picture perfect” before sharing it, but then reality set in.
Summering in the Hamptons really takes up a lot of time! Ha, oh wait, I was dreaming for a second. What I have really been up to is a whole lot of change, adventure and new beginnings. Let me sum up the last four months of craziness in a short list…
- Spent four months apart, with a few weekend visits, from my hubby while he galavanted around the country. No, not really. He had various trainings for a new job prior to our big move from the east to west coast. Not exactly a vacation!
- Moved out of our rented home in early June with the help of my parents, but we had two months left before making the trip west…oh where, oh where should we go?
- With a SUV packed to the brim, Little C and I hiked it up to Vermont for an extended stay with my parents or as many like to call their home…the Hacienda. It’s just a place you go to relax. I definitely missed my hubby and Little C missed his Dad, but the time with my parents is something we’ll always cherish. As much as I thought I would write a ton and share all that was whizzing through my mind, I really unplugged and soaked up family time.
- The last weekend in July my hubby joined us in Vermont, we loaded up our SUV, yet again, and drove 3,000 miles to Washington! Many thought we were crazy road tripping with a toddler and hound dog, but it was one of the best experiences for our family. The memories we made together are priceless and worth all the effort!
- Oh and did I mention we bought a house during this temporary period of separation without actually setting foot in the house?!? We sure did and on August 8th we rolled into our new town as homeowners!
- Another thing I forgot to mention is we bought a home that needs a lot of love. Investors purchased it in 2015, cleaned it up with new paint, carpet and a few big ticket items like a new roof, and now we’re bringing it to life.
Well, that is the last four months of my life in a nutshell. My free time for writing has been pretty much nonexistent. My focus since leaving the east coast has been to focus on taking care of me, my family and making the days count. Technology really can suck the life out of you, yet it’s such a gift at keeping people connected. Finding that balance can be incredibly hard!
With that said, writing is incredibly therapeutic for me. It calms me, centers me and fills my heart with joy when I can share things I love or have a passion for with others. Instead of waiting for my blog to “look perfect”, I am sharing my imperfections with you and my goals that were never met. That’s life…especially with kids.
I am learning that accomplishing what you want in life doesn’t happen when you continue to dwell on the should have, would have or could have. It’s about moving forward. Yesterday could have been a complete failure, but tomorrow starts a new day!
Now, my camera roll is full of 6000+ pictures, my mind is full of so much I can’t wait to share with you and my soul is happy knowing I have reached a starting point for writing again.
Thanks for coming to enjoy the vue with me!
xoxo | Kate